January 31, 2020
For immediate press release: January 31, 2020
FEMALE SOLOPRENUER LAUNCHING ONLINE FLORAL MARKETPLACE IN SEATTLE
Locally sourced and floral foam free arrangements for Valentine’s Day.
Seattle, February 1, 2020- Local florist turned startup founder has created a revolutionary way for consumers to order premium quality florals for delivery in and around the Seattle area in one convenient online location. Currently, a beta test in the Seattle Market, founder Tammy Myers hopes LORA Bloom will soon spread across the nation as the preferred choice for local and sustainably sourced, floral delivery.
Everyone has horror stories about trying to order flowers online. Whether the delivery was a city away or across the country, online floral services can be timely to research and a gamble for quality care and service. LORA Bloom takes the worry out of shopping for flowers online. Partnering with only the best local florists who take great pride in the services they provide, LORA Bloom guarantees arrangements are seasonal by nature because the florists decide what floral designs to sell. All floral arrangements come with an 80/20 Promise and 100% floral foam free! 80% of the product should be locally sourced within the United States, and the remaining 20% can be imported. Then, the florist delivers the arrangement, always ensuring the care and quality consumers should expect.
“LORA Bloom is all about delivering the best local flowers to buyers via an easy shopping tool. This is an exciting new model for buying handmade and locally-sourced flowers in a way that makes sense to the modern flower buyer. I applaud Tammy Myers' vision, values and innovation and we at Slow Flowers can't wait to see LORA Bloom flourish!"
Currently, LORA Bloom has nine local florists selling in and around Seattle and looking to expand across Washington State. Florists are located as far north as Bellingham and Mt. Vernon to Woodinville, Sammamish, Bellevue, Issaquah, including Maple Valley, Auburn, and more in between! Price points range from $38 - $195 (not including delivery/tax). Online shoppers can order small living succulent plants, gorgeous fresh cut flowers in a variety of colors and trends, and even large wooden handmade gift baskets filled with fresh flowers and assorted cheeses, chocolates and more. LORA Bloom has floral gifts for all occasions, and this is just the beginning!
The Florists of LORA Bloom will also be debuting a floral couture design installation in Seattle’s Pacific Place as part of the Fleurs De Villes Event and in partnership with the Northwest Flower & Garden Festival February 25 – March 1, 2020.
For more details on LORA Bloom and ordering flowers for local delivery, please visit www.lorabloom.com
# # #
About LORA Bloom
In 2014, founder Tammy Myers started a small floral business out of her kitchen in Issaquah, WA after leaving her global online travel retailer job months prior. Soon discovering dark secrets about the floral industry, she learned 80% of all flowers sold in the US were imported from foreign countries and nearly half of all flower farms since the 90’s had gone out of business because of these low-cost imports. This was shocking, not to mention the environmental impacts of such reliance on imported commodities. Creating a name for herself in the local and sustainable florist communities, she soon realized the global market lacked an ecommerce platform for such product offerings. In 2019, Myers paused her local florist business to pursue the idea of LORA Bloom, which is now a reality. Not only does LORA Bloom have a newly launched website, but a mobile app is also in development.
*Photography by Missy Palacol Photography
March 21, 2021
March 08, 2021
There are always a few sure fire ways to tell if spring is on it's way when you live in the country. A couple sunny winter days in the Pacific Northwest can definitely lure spring bulbs to break through the surface of the ground. Even the tips of trees can develop buds and new growth. These are definitely signs of spring but neither convince me winter is ending and spring is near.